- “Support the education of physicians and the public regarding the importance of psychosocial and spiritual interventions for the treatment of all persons with substance use disorders.
- Encourage the judicious use of Twelve Step recovery modalities for the treatment of substance use disorders.
- Encourage ABAM Fellowship training programs to require sufficient experience in the use of psychosocial, spiritual and Twelve Step interventions and to include test questions to discern a Fellows knowledge base regarding these aspects.
- Continue to provide presentations that support the philosophy of “Like Minded Docs” to ASAM, treatment providers, public, judicial and political arenas.
- Support the current ASAM Twelve Step Action Group.
- Support all activities that raise the consciousness regarding the importance of psychosocial and spiritual interventions.
- Promote further studies into the biological, social, psychological and spiritual aspects of recovery.
- Maintain the “high road” and not disparage alternative forms of treatment, but rather to promote those aspects…
View original post 145 more words